This is an excellent home remedy that you want to keep available at all times in your home. All of these 5 foods combined, creates a tremendous immunity-building and cleansing drink.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic. The active ingredient, Allicin has antibacterial and antifungal activity against a wide range of bacteria, including E. coli and Candida albicans.
Ginger reduces inflammation in the body. It has a mild aphrodisiac effect and helps with digestion. As a stomach-calming agent, ginger also reduces gas, bloating and aids in the body’s use and absorption of other nutrients and medicines.
Lemon is a cleansing food. Eventhough this citrus fruit is acidic, it makes the body alkaline once digested. According to the American Heart Association, eating higher amounts of citrus fruits may lower ischemic stroke risk for women.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a femented food helps with digestion and it has antiviral properties. The best form of apple cider is the one containing “The Mother”, detected by the presence of a cloudy substance. Vinegars containing ”the mother” contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars may not contain due to over processing.
Yemen Sidr Honey is rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes. It exhibits antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and loads with potent antioxidants. It is known as a veritable cure-all that can be used to treat and heal a variety of ailments and diseases. It is important for the honey to be raw, unheated since heat destroys lots of the life found in the honey.
- 1 cup of garlic juice (3 – 4 bulbs of garlic + ¾ cup of water, Blend)
- 1 cup of old ginger juice (1kg ginger, can opt for Bentong ginger + ¾ cup of water, Blend)
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (3 – 4 lemons)
- 1 cup of Bragg’s apple cider (with “the mother”)
- *3 cups of Yemen Sidr Honey
- Boil all ingredients except honey using small fire for 30 – 40 minutes.
- The mixture will become a bit thick as it reduces from 4 cups to 3 cups.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Sieve the mixture to get only the juice.
- Finally, combine the juice with Yemen Sidr Honey.
- Keep the cocktail in a glass container inside the fridge. It can last for a month.
This cocktail should be taken on empty stomach, 15 minutes before meal. For general well-being, you may take 1 tablespoon a day. For those with low blood pressure, add a dash of Celtic salt into the cocktail to stabilize your blood pressure reading. If you are fighting with infections such as flu or cough, you may take 2 tablespoons, 3 times a day. For weight loss purpose, you may take 2 tablespoons a day. For young children, they may take 1 teaspoon a day to boost their immune system.